Statement of Faith
As a body, Parma Heights Christian Academy (PHCA) adopts the following Statement of Faith:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings. (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- That the Godhead exists in three equal persons as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (John 15:26).
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. (Luke 1:35).
- That God created man in His image; that man sinned and thereafter incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God. (Romans 3:23).
- That Jesus Christ died for our sins as our substitutionary sacrifice and that we are justified by faith apart from human merit. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- That the Lord Jesus came forth bodily from the grave and ascended into heaven. (Acts 1:9-11).
- That the “blessed hope” set before us is the personal, premillennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- That the bodily resurrection of man will bring everlasting blessedness to the righteous and damnation to those who have not been “born again”. (John 5:28-29).
- That the ordinances of the church are water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11:23-29).
- That believers are to pattern their lives after the life and teachings of Christ and faithfully witness to all men. (II Corinthians 6:14-18).
- That believers are to support the church financially motivated by love in a faithful manner. (Malachi 3:8).